Sunday, January 17, 2016

My Writing Process


  1. What type(s) of writer do you consider yourself to be?
  • Honestly, I consider myself to be either a "Heavy Reviser" or a "Sequential Composer". I say the two because I tend to write out my ideas (my brainstorming) out on a sheet of paper. I then follow those ideas in the order that I feel is best for my composition. I also write everything out so I can look back incase I forget an idea and to avoid frustration. 
    2. Does your writing process include several of the above approaches? If so, which ones?
  • I do think my writing process includes several of the above approaches. As said in question 1, I consider myself to be a "Heavy Reviser" or a "Sequential Composer". However, there are times where I tend to procrastinate, as we all do, because I feel like I can write better in one sitting. If it is a major paper for a huge part of my grade, such as a final for a class, then you can count on me being a "Heavy Planner". 
     3. Does your writing process seem to be successful? What are the strengths and weaknesses of        your approach?
  • My writing approach does seem to be successful. Overall, I tend to receive excellent grades on papers and assignments involving writing. In my opinion, my strengths come into play in the content portion of my papers. My weaknesses tend to appear in the "too much detail" or too much information topic when it comes to writing. 
     4. Do you think it might be beneficial for you to try a different approach? Why or why not?
  • I do not think it would be beneficial for me to change my approach to writing. I say that because I have done so well on my papers throughout my writing career that I do not want to make a mistake now. That being said, I could always try a different approach alongside my current approach. Once I am accustomed to a certain way of doing things, I tend to stick with it.

McPhee, Nick. "2008-01-26 (Editing a paper) - 15" January 26, 2008 via flickr. Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic License

1 comment:

  1. Note on conventions of the blog post genre: Revisit Step 1.5 from "Deadline 1" to re-familiarize yourself with the conventions of blogging. You're missing one item on the bulleted list of conventions there.

    ReplyDelete